Why was this entry stuck in “draft”? Sorry I didn’t publish this back in 2013…..better late than never.
One of my favorite speakers at Wisdom 2.0 was Kristin Neff, Ph. D., Associate Professor, University of Texas at Austin, who has created a body of research on the topic of Self-Compassion.
What are the Components of Self-Compassion?
- Immersive Attention: which allows for insight, with a generative quality.
- Slowing Down: not distracted, which allows for wisdom and flow.
- the Power of Patience
Scale to Measure Self-Compassion
- Self-Kindness vs. Self-Judgment
- Common Humanity vs. Isolation (a shared human experience
- Mindfulness vs. Over-Identification